Sunday, July 26, 2009

Humbled

Today I sit humbled by a friend of mine.

She spoke to me last night at church and we laughed over our little girl's antics and cherished their little sighs. It was a lovely time, and I love seeing other people with their children. It's just so real and sweet.

Then after I got home I received a call from her. She was sitting down and reflecting on our conversation after getting home and organising the night time routine for her kids. She apologised profusely because she felt that she hijacked a conversation and talked about herself after I had made a comment about how feeding Willow is going at the moment.

And I was amazed! Not only had I not even noticed, or even been slightly perplexed by what had happened, but I realised that I do the same thing constantly. I'm always talking about myself at the expense of listening to others.

Do I have the presence of mind or the humility to make a phone call to apologise for my failure to listen to others? Nope. Big fat nope.

Definitely humbled. And I love that about this friend of mine. She's amazing like that. I thank God for her example to me in my life, as I bumble through what it means to be a Godly woman.

No comments: