Saturday, October 17, 2009

Warning to all of us

I'm in two minds about posting this because I know the intense feelings when I saw this video.

I'm just praising God that this 6 month old survived. And amazingly, with only a bump on the head!

Willow has just reached 6 months. This could be any of us, really. As a Mum, you know how fuzzy your mind can get on minimal sleep. How hard it is to even get out of the house with the amount of child paraphernalia needed. I can totally imagine just taking a moment once I arrived at the train station to check I had everything and to forget about the brake. Or the hand strap.
It would be so easy to make a mistake just like this Mother.

I feel for her. You can see how tangible her grief is as she thinks she has inadvertently killed her child. It's awful. But a warning to me and all of us with little ones.



1 comment:

Hayley Lawrence said...

I know, how horrific was that! I couldn't stop watching the mother in that footage... it looked so definitively over for that child, and the way the mother started rocking straight away was just heart-breaking. An instinctive response.